Website Blue Mountain Homes
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Rates of pay: £8.60 per hour, (dependent on experience and qualifications) plus a flat rate of £35 per sleep in.
Since 2002, we have been “reaching out and changing lives”. Blue Mountain Homes is an established yet progressive company, operating Residential Children’s Homes and Independent Schools across the UK expanding into areas of need.
We are looking for dynamic mentors who have a passion and a desire to engage, guide and bring a positive influence to the lives of the young people in our care. Experience is desirable, but the most important quality we are looking for is a commitment and a desire to bring a positive change in the lives of our young people.
– We believe that all young people deserve to live in a safe and nurturing environment, cared for by a dedicated staff team, who are experienced and well trained.
– The skilled staff recognise the value of building relationships with young people that are respectful, consistent and supportive.
– We provide the safe haven in which the young person can grow physically, emotionally and spiritually.
You will be working with young people with complex emotional and behavioural difficulties and challenging behaviours.
Helping to create a positive environment for each young person with particular reference to his/her safety, health and education.
Helping to carry the company’s ethos and values through to our young people.
Maintaining good professional practices in accordance with Ofsted Regulations and the Quality Care Standards for children’s homes.
To lead by example and become the role model, demonstrate life skills to help and encourage our young people.
Our normal shift patterns are on a rolling rota basis, our shift working hours are:
7.30am till 23.00pm shift patterns will mean days of working can vary from week to week. the occasional sleep ins will be required depending on the routine of the home.
Essential requirements for this role:
- All applicants must have a full driving licence
- We operate using Safer Recruitment at all times so any offer of employment would be dependent on the necessary reference checks and enhanced DBS.