As Ofsted require us to refer to young people/youth as ‘children’, our official Job Title reflects that. However, as our young people are aged 10-18, the term ‘youth’ describes them more fittingly.
Since 2002, we have been “reaching out and changing lives”. Blue Mountain Homes is an established yet progressive company, operating Residential Children’s Homes and Independent Schools across the UK, expanding into areas of need.
We are looking for dynamic youth mentors who have a desire to engage, guide and bring a positive influence in the lives of the young people in our care.
Training and NVQ qualifications will be provided but the most important quality we are looking for is a commitment and a desire to bring about a positive change in the lives of young people.
The Children’s Residential Care Worker, Waking Night will involve:
- Helping to create a positive environment for each young person’ with particular reference to his/ her safety, health and education.
- Helping to carry the homes ethos and values through to the young people and represent Blue Mountain Homes as a professional.
- Maintaining good professional practices in accordance with Ofsted Regulations and the Quality Care Standards for children’s homes.
- Engaging in the effective delivery of residential childcare in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Ensuring the safety of young people overnight, by making regular observations and checks throughout the night.
Our normal shift patterns are on a rolling rota basis, our shift working hours are:
22.00pm-08.00am shift patterns on 4 on 4 off rota pattern, this will mean days of working can vary from week to week.
All applicants must have a valid manual UK/EU Driving Licence.
We operate using Safer Recruitment at all times so any offer of employment would be dependent on the necessary checks and enhanced DBS.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
£9.50 per hour
- Children’s Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Manual Driver’s Licence (Preferred)
- NVQ Level 2 Health & Social Care Qualification (Preferred)